Privacy and Cookies Policy
To view our Cookies Policy please click here.
Just Knees ( Portsmouth Knee Clinic Ltd) who is the ‘data controller’ of all personal data provided by you upon enquiry, contact or referral to Just Knees. Your personal information will be:
- Confidential and will only disclose the same in the circumstances set out below; and
- In accordance with England and Wales data protection and privacy legislation from time to time.
When you engage with Just Knees, we will ask you for various personal details in order for us to identify you, such as your name, date of birth, home address, e-mail address, billing and payment information where necessary. We confirm that this information will be held by us in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner’s Office whilst collected lawfully in accordance to the Data Protection Act 1998. The personal information you provide will only be used for the following purposes and kept no longer than necessary:
How your information will be processed
Just Knees will register information about the patient and the conduct of the account with the following agencies:
- Spire Healthcare
- The patients GP Surgery
- Any physiotherapy service involved in the care of the patient
- Any third party such as Private Medical Insurance provider involved in your care as requested by the patient
If you default in paying any balance on your account; Credit Reference Agencies may be used record the outstanding debt. This information will be supplied to other organisations by the Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies to perform similar checks, trace your whereabouts and recover debt that you owe. Records can remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by your or defaulted. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to Fraud Prevention Agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- Vetting application details
- Vetting details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Vetting details of job applications and employees
- Managing accounts and recovering debt
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Subject to your rights of objection, you agree that personal information may be disclosed to affiliated third parties who will be involved in your care. In addition, you will not object to us, our group companies or affiliated third parties contacting you for the purposes set out within the policy, whether this be by fax, telephone, e-mail, SMS or other electronic means or in writing and you consent to this activity for the purposes of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You should be aware that if the police request us or any other regulatory authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, we are entitled to do so.
If you have not objected during the registration process, but do not want us to contact you regarding our services which may be of interest to you;
Then please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
Spire Portsmouth Hospital
If you would like to obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to us at the above address. A fee of £10.00 is payable by you for provision of this information which complies with guidance set out by Information Commissioners office.
Just Knees reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. By continuing to use our services you acknowledge and agree to those changes.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Your web browser can choose whether or not to accept cookies although most web browser software is initially set up to accept them.
In summary, cookies help Just Knees provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookie’s used will remember preference to choices and submissions made by the user, but in no way give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- Display preferences
- If you have previously replied to any pop-ups, surveys or preferences, so you’re not asked again on future visits
- Likes and Dislikes
What types of cookies do we use?
Just Knees uses a combination of both session and persistent cookies on our website to help analyse web traffic so we can tailor our operation to your needs. Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the site, persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you as a repeat visitor when you return. The session cookies will be deleted from your device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will be removed on a pre-determined expiry date, or when deleted by you.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website, and to use online forms.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and also analyse how they move round our website when using it. This helps us improve the way our website work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. They are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interest.
This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and not identify the user personally, and patterns are fully under our control, then the data is removed from the system.
Our cookies terms
How to control or remove cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish, for details on how to do this have a look at this website. All cookies which are present on your devices already can be deleted and most browser settings can be changed to prevent them from being placed.
If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences each time you visit a website and some services, functionalities may not work.
Full list of cookies used:
Just Knees Cookies